Yet, construction pros need to stay up-to-date if they want their business to stay up-to-speed with their clients and customers, and ahead of the competition. Infographics are a solution to the problem of shortage of reading time.
A thorough infographic can give you solid information, stats and other data, and reliable resources for learning more about a trending topic in your part of the construction industry. They are usually colorful depictions of key information using graphics, brief text and other images. Some may even plug-in a video or animation.
Infographics can be great resources to incorporate into training, researching a new gadget, for sharing with residential or business development customers, or identifying topics relevant to your business development that warrant more in-depth reading.
We’ve compiled a short list of infographics on a variety of industry topics, but you can find infographics specific to your needs in several easy ways:
- Google infographic + key term and explore the results.
- Do a broad Google search with the terms “construction infographics.” Google will generate a result under All and also for Images. Select that and then refine the search using the menu bar at the top (commercial, civil engineering, and other key words appear).
- Search professional association and industry journal Websites for infographics (just use their online search function, usually in the top right or left corner of the screen). Some of these websites will have their own special section for infographics (e.g., BuildingEnclosuresOnline).
- You can also search for providers of construction-related graphics, which you can purchase for use in presentations and trainings. (InfographicsArchive, Visual.ly).
- Pinterest has an enormous selection of construction graphics. Some are better organized than others.
Check the posting date for the infographics that you find online. It may help to add the year, “2017” to your search terms otherwise you could be looking at outdated graphics. Better quality graphics will usually include a copyright date and sources (either on the bottom of the graphic or on the page where it is posted).
Green / Sustainability Topics
- The Green Grading System
- Benefits of Sustainable Engineering
- Environmental Benefits of Metal Roofing
Safety/ Disaster Preparedness
- Preparing a Home for Natural Disaster
- Metro Cities High-Low Disaster Risk
- A variety of infographics on fall risks and fall prevention
- Construction Accidents Risk, Facts, Repercussions
You can find a wide variety of infographics on safety specific topics such as ladders, forklift and platforms, back injury, and so forth.
Business & Technology